Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Reflection:

The process was semi helpful for me, in the beginning of the assignment I struggled a lot with figuring out the concept of the project. I was not sure if my letter had to correspond with the design that went around it or if I had to draw an idea that started with my letter. Since I had this confusion, the thumbnail sketches were not very helpful for me. Eventually I started to think of the type of shape the letter V is, instead of thinking about ideas that begin with V. The letter V is very angular it looks like an opening so I brainstormed objects that replicate the angle of V. I came down to two ideas, the intersection on a highway and a pair of open scissors.
Then I created quick sketches of these ideas:




















Then I took these two ideas and asked my peers for advice about with one visually represented my letter best. Overall many voted the scissors so I went along and finalized that idea.


This was my final project, the most challenging part of this project was allowing this picture look like the letter I was assigned. After getting feedback on my design many people though that my assigned letter was X. I tried very hard to go over the opening of the scissors with dark black marker to make the V part of the picture stand out. I personally am satisfied with my project because I worked very hard on it, I do wish I could change how other people looked at it and made it look more like a V. One thing I would have down differently Is lowered the scissors so that the opening caught the eye more and made my letter more apparent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment