Monday, November 23, 2015

Portrait Transformation Reflection Prompts:

1) My concept behind the portrait transformation is to add two realities into one picture. I changed my idea from the I originally emailed Ms.Lee. I liked the idea of having the background picture being my own original photo and adding cartoon images on top of it to have a strong contrast between real life and a make believe drawn life. It is pleasing to the eye because it makes you question what is real and what is not real. It is the juxtaposition of real and not real.

2) Reality vs. idea

3) Considering this is my first time using photoshop I would say that I am happy with my results. It took me awhile to understand the sophistication of photoshop so actually having done a real project on it I am proud of my work and I am proud of my concept.

4)



5) For my project I needed to use layer masks so I could create a cartoon background. I took many pictures that I needed to put behind myself. The only way I could add these images to blend into the background was using a layer mask. What I did was I found images of the cartoon version of each realistic thing in my background. I created a layer mask of my background layer. I then cropped the cartoon image and made that image a new layer on top of my layer mask background. Then I placed the images where I wanted in my background and continued doing this until I felt like my project was complete. 




5 comments:

  1. Your project has developed a lot since the beginning. It really looks like the cartoons are part of the picture. Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I never really liked cartoons but I really like the way your blended it and incorporated it into your original picture! I especially love the way you overlapped the skirt on top of what you were wearing. It looked really sassy and cute. Also, the stick figures were very adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the car in the background especially stands out by transforming it from a real one into a cartoon car, and I can see your theme very clearly by changing real life images into sort of a cartoon-ish world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the car in the background especially stands out by transforming it from a real one into a cartoon car, and I can see your theme very clearly by changing real life images into sort of a cartoon-ish world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is just amazing honestly. It looks greatly blended. There is no bad parts which parts are sticking out. The car is changed greatly. The image looks so much better now from the original pictures.

    ReplyDelete